Earlier, the LeEco Le 1s and the Le 1s Eco were the good contenders against the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, which fared to be the best low mid-range phone. Now, LeEco India has the new phone – the LeEco Le 2 that is quite some upgrade from its predecessor and now, the price of the Le 2 is just similar to the one of the Redmi Note 3 with 3GB of RAM.
There is a lot of similarity in a way, but again, the phones have some differences as well and that will make it a confusing situation for someone thinking to purchase a phone in the price range of Rs. 12000. Let’s see how they stand against each other.
When it comes to the design, both the phones are having a metal unibody design and they offer good build and comfort, unlike others in the category. Also, the display is the same with size and resolution – 5.5-inch and 1080p resolution, offering a pixel density of 401 PPI. Let’s check out the similarities between the two phones.
Similarities between LeEco Le 2 and Redmi Note 3
- 5.5-inch 1080p display with pixel density of 401 PPI
- A fingerprint scanner is present on both the devices
- Both the phones have 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage
- The battery in both the phones is non-removable
- There is 4G LTE connectivity supported on both the devices
- Both the phones have a 16-megapixel rear camera with Dual tone flash
Specs Comparison between Redmi Note 3 vs. LeEco Le 2
LeEco Le 2 vs. Redmi Note 3 Differences
- The major difference would’ve been with the processor if LeEco had brought the MediaTek chipset based phone to India, but the company has launched the one with Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 at 1.8GHz, and it is not very much different from the Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 chipset on Redmi Note 3 at 1.8GHz.
- While the LeEco Le 2 has no storage expansion, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 has a MicroSD card slot for the storage expansion, which is very helpful when the available storage is not enough.
- The LeEco Le 2 supports 4K video recording with the rear camera while the Redmi Note 3 can capture only 1080p videos at max.
- While the Redmi Note 3 has a 5-megapixel camera on the front, the Le 2 has an upgraded 8-megapixel camera. The aperture size is better on the Note 3 though with a F/2.0 aperture compared to the F/2.2 aperture on the Le 2.
- The phones differ quite a lot with the battery capacity as well. While the Le 2 has a 3000 mAh battery, the Redmi Note 3 offers a 4000 mAh battery.
- The Le 2 is said to have the Le SuperCharge fast charging feature, while there is no fast charging available on the Note 3.
- There is USB Type-C connectivity on the Le 2 while it is the standard MicroUSB connectivity on the phone from Xiaomi.
- The Redmi Note 3 still runs Android 5.1 Lollipop based MIUI, while the LeEco Le 2 runs EUI based on Android Marshmallow, the latest stable OS from Android.
What differences are really important?
- Firstly, the fast charging is important and is seen on the Le 2, but then, the battery capacity and life is much better on the Redmi Note 3 with the 4000 mAh battery.
- Another important difference is with the selfie camera, where LeEco takes the lead with an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
- Also, the 4K video recording is a feature one would want for future-proof videos when good quality TVs are available but the content has to be there too.
- Storage expansion is another important difference because users just cannot always think of storage woes. A MicroSD storage expansion always helps and it is available on the Redmi Note 3.
So, which is the better phone?
Frankly, it is not easy to suggest one unlike how I could do when I compared Redmi Note 3 vs. LeEco Le 1s, but here you can choose based on what you feel you would need from the phone. A better battery life, you know which one you need to get, but for a better camera combination, LeEco Le 2 is the choice.
Still, we’ve put up all the points above so you can get a better understanding of it. Good luck choosing the one for you.