Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 was already one tough choice to compete against for any phone, but companies have been doing well to introduce power-packed phones, and one of them is YU Televentures, which launched the YU Yunicorn with 4GB of RAM and with the price of Rs. 12999. This phone will be competing against some of the already good options in the market, namely Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, LeEco Le 2, Meizu M3 Note and the Moto G4 Plus.
In the comparison below, let’s talk about the two phones that boast a lot of important stuff. It is the battle between YU Yunicorn and Redmi Note 3.
Design wise, both the phones are made sturdy and that is the major advantage over phones like Moto G4 Plus because these two have a metal body with a good curvy back. The Redmi Note 3 and YU Yunicorn are both comfortable and good, so there is no real good winner when it comes to the design, though the placement of fingerprint scanner can be something to note – Yunicorn has a front fingerprint scanner while the Note 3 has it on the back.
Similarities between YU Yunicorn and Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
- 5.5-inch 1080p display with pixel density of 401 PPI
- A fingerprint scanner is present on both the devices
- Both the phones have 32GB internal storage and a MicroSD card slot is provided
- The battery in both the phones is non-removable
- There is 4G LTE connectivity supported on both the devices
- Both the phones come with a 4000 mAh battery packed into them
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera on both
Specs Comparison between YU Yunicorn and Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
YU Yunicorn vs. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Differences
- The major difference is with the processor, where it seems like the Redmi Note 3 is a step ahead, thanks to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 octa-core processor compared to the MediaTek Helio P10 chipset present on the Yunicorn.
- The Redmi Note 3 has a 16-megapixel camera on the back and on the other side, Yunicorn has a 13-megapixel rear camera.
- The RAM offered in YU Yunicorn is 4GB compared to the 3GB RAM on Redmi Note 3.
- The Yunicorn still runs Android 5.1 Lollipop based AOS (Android on Steroids) ROM, while the Redmi Note 3 has Android Lollipop based MIUI.
What differences are really important?
- The RAM offered on the phones is an important factor to consider, where 4GB of RAM in this price range was not possible till now, but Yunicorn has a good one for multitasking.
- The UI experience is also an important factor to consider. YU phones earlier had a lot of bloatware, but now we are seeing too less of it with the new ROM in place.
- Other than that, a factor to consider is the software updates. We’re sure that with the new team working on the OS for Yunicorn, there will be some software updates in place, but Xiaomi has been not so frequent with it.
So, which is the better phone?
This is a confusing one because both the phones are very similar except for a couple of differences, which should be the end points to consider. Apart from that, the Redmi Note 3 with 3GB of RAM is priced at Rs. 11999 and the YU Yunicorn is priced at Rs. 12999.
Still, we’ve put up all the points above so you can get a better understanding of it. Good luck choosing the one for you.