Smartron’s recent launch of the tPhone P was put against a few decent phones in the similar price range, and a couple of phones were the Xiaomi Redmi 5A and the 10.or D. The comparison between Smartron tPhone P vs 10.or D would surely make it easy for you to understand which phone has the edge over the other one, but check out the comparison between the tPhone P and the leader Xiaomi Redmi 5A that was already doing so well in the market already.
In the comparison below, let’s talk about the similarities and differences between the Smartron tPhone P and the Xiaomi Redmi 5.
Similarities between Smartron tphone P and Xiaomi Redmi 5A
- A 13-megapixel rear camera is available on both the devices
- The front camera of both the devices is a 5-megapixel one
- Both the phones have HD display with 1280 x 720 pixels screen resolution
- These phones have the MicroUSB 2.0 connectivity
- The sensors found in both the devices are accelerometer and proximity
Differences between Smartron tphone P and Xiaomi Redmi 5A
- The dimensions of Smartron tphone P are 148.3 x 72.2 x 8.9 mm, whereas the Xiaomi Redmi 5A is 140.4 x 70.1 x 8.4 mm.
- Smartron tphone P weighs 160 grams and the Xiaomi Redmi 5A weighs 137 grams.
- Smartron tphone P comes with a Hybrid Dual SIM, whereas the Xiaomi Redmi 5A comes with a Dual SIM.
- The screen size of Smartron tphone P is 5.2 inches, whereas the Xiaomi Redmi 5A is 5.0 inches, though the resolution is the same.
- While the Smartron tphone P runs Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), the Xiaomi Redmi 5A runs Android 7.1.2 (Nougat).
- Smartron tphone P comes with Qualcomm MSM8940 Snapdragon 435 chipset, whereas the Xiaomi Redmi 5A comes with Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 chipset.
- While the Smartron tphone P runs Octa-core (1.4GHz x 4 + 1.1GHz x 4) processor, the Xiaomi Redmi 5A runs Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53.
- The storage expansion with microSD up to 128 GB is possible in Smartron tPhone P, whereas the expansion is possible up to 256 GB in Xiaomi Redmi 5A.
- 32 GB internal storage is available in Smartron tphone P whereas two variants are available in Xiaomi Redmi 5A, one with 32 GB and the other with 16 GB.
- 3 GB RAM is found in Smartron tphone P, while 3 GB RAM and 2 GB RAM are the variants found in Xiaomi Redmi 5A.
- While the Smartron tphone P comes with 5000 mAh battery, the Xiaomi Redmi 5A comes with 3000 mAh battery.
Which is a better phone?
If battery life is taken into consideration, it is easily the Smartron tPhone P that wins the race here with a higher battery capacity and the battery life of over a day. But in the other aspects, we have a fair comparison in both and the performance is almost at par, but the MIUI on the Xiaomi Redmi 5A offers more features for a better user experience.
Otherwise, in a way, the features offered on the tPhone P are lesser than that on the Redmi 5A. The MIUI interface offers a lot when it comes to gestures and the ones for better user experience. It is a tough choice for users but then, for the same price if someone is also getting more RAM and storage, the Smartron tPhone P is not a bad choice at all.