Redmi Note 3 has been launched recently getting a lot of positive response thanks to its amazing specifications compared to the price it is being launched in. The Redmi Note 3 is a complete package with a Fingerprint Sensor, metal body and snapdragon SoC taking ahead the value for money with a premium quality tag of Xiaomi ahead. Its predecessor the Redmi Note 2 Prime was also well accepted with the specifications offered.
The Redmi Note 2 Prime was launched in August last year and as it is powered by a MediaTek Helio X10 processor it could not make its way into India officially. Being a predecessor to the Redmi Note 3 we can see that there are a lot of improvements in the successor but the Redmi Note 2 Prime is a great smartphone on its own as well. Let us look at the Comparison between the two devices in detail.
Similarities between Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and Redmi Note 2 Prime:
- Both devices sport a 5.5-inch Full HD display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Both come with 2GB RAM
- Both devices sport a 5MP front facing camera
- They run on Android 5.0 OS with MIUI over it
- Both devices come with similar 4G LTE, USB OTG, Dual SIM etc connectivity features
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 3||Redmi Note 2 Prime|
|Display||5.5-inch Full HD display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and 403ppi pixel density||5.5-inch Full HD display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and 400ppi pixel density|
|Processor||Quad-core 1.4 GHz Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 Cortex-A53 & Dual-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A72 and Mediatek MT 6795 Helio X10||2.2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795) Processor|
|RAM and Storage||2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage||2GB DDR3 RAM With 32GB internal storage|
|Camera||16 MP rear camera with f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash and a 5MP front-facing camera||13 MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP front-facing camera|
|OS||Android v5.0.2 Lollipop with MIUI 7 UI||Android v5.0 Lollipop OS|
|Battery||4050mAh Li-Po||3060mAh Li-Po|
|Connectivity||Dual SIM, Dual 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth v4.0 GPS||Dual SIM, Dual 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth v4.1 GPS|
|Additional features||Fingerprint sensor|
Differences between Redmi Note 3 vs Redmi Note 2 Prime?
- Metal Body with plastic top and bottom in the Redmi Note 3 compared to the plastic Redmi Note 2 Prime
- The Redmi Note 3 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 SoC compared to the MediaTek Helio X10 SoC in the Redmi Note 2 Prime
- The primary camera in the Redmi Note 3 is a 16 MP rear camera with f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash compared to the 13MP shooter in Note 2 Prime
- The Redmi Note 3 sports a Fingerprint sensor, there is no Fingerprint sensor in the Redmi Note 2 Prime
- A bigger 4050mAh battery in the Redmi Note 3 compared to the 3060mAh battery in the Redmi Note 2 Prime
Final Verdict, which smartphone is better?
With the Redmi Note 3 being the successor to the Redmi Note 2 Prime there will be improvements, but what we see here is exponential with a complete revamp of design sporting a metal body, rounded borders, additional features like inclusion of a Fingerprint sensor (what can the Fingerprint sensor in Redmi Note 3 do) mounted on the back. The list of improvements does not end there, it comes with a bigger 4050mAh battery which comes with fast charging.
With all the upgrades the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is the sure winner in this contest between the two devices and with an aggressive price tag of Rs. 9,999 for the 2GB RAM variant and Rs. 11,999 for the 3GB RAM variant the Redmi Note 3 is a great device.