The Xiaomi Mi 4i is one of the best budget Android Smartphones available in the market currently. It is also the budget friendly variant of the current Xiaomi flagship Android Smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi 4.
Even though the Xiaomi Mi 4i is one of the best Smartphone options below the RS. 13,000 price bracket, there are two major issues that is currently being a headache to all the Xiaomi Mi 4i Smartphone users out there, Overheating and Performance bugs.
A lot of users have come up with complaints regarding overheating and performance bugs on their Xiaomi Mi 4i Android Smartphone units. And after hearing all the similar complaints, Xiaomi has come up with a software fix to solve both the issues that are giving a bad experience to users on their Mi 4i.
If you are also facing any performance or overheat issues on your Xiaomi Mi 4i unit, then below is how you can install the latest software update from Xiaomi on your Mi 4i and solve the issues.
Before you begin:
Below are some prerequisites you should know before trying to install this update on your Smartphone:
- This software update is only compatible with the Xiaomi Mi 4i Android Smartphone.
- Make sure that your Xiaomi Mi 4i is fully charged.
- Make sure that your PC is installed with the latest USB Drivers for Xiaomi Mi 4i Android Smartphone.
- Enable the USB Debugging feature on your Xiaomi Mi 4i.
- It is recommended that you take a complete backup of all the data stored in your Xiaomi Mi 4i before proceeding with the guide below. So that in case of any error, you do not lose your valuable data.
How to Solve the Overheating and Performance Issues on Xiaomi Mi 4i:
Below is how you can install the latest update from Xiaomi to get rid of any overheating or performance that you are facing on your Xiaomi Mi 4i:
- Download the update from here.
- Connect your Xiaomi Mi 4i to the PC.
- Copy and Paste the ZIP file that you downloaded to the “downloaded_rom” folder, which can be found under the internal storage parent folder on your Xiaomi Mi 4i.
- After successfully copying the ZIP file, disconnect your Smartphone from the PC.
- Now, from your Xiaomi Mi 4i, run the Updater application and then click on the Menu button. Next, select the “Choose update package” option and then select the ROM file that you copied to your Smartphone earlier.
- Now, the latest software update will be installed on your Xiaomi Mi 4i.
- Once the updating process completes, your Xiaomi Mi 4i will automatically reboot. Wait for the reboot process to complete successfully.
Congratulations. You have now successfully installed the software update on your Xiaomi Mi 4i which the company claims to solve the performance and overheating issues on the Xiaomi Mi 4i Android Smartphone.
Do share your experiences with your Xiaomi Mi 4i after installing the update by commenting below.