The MIUI 11 update is now rolling out to several phones and that includes one of the best selling Xiaomi smartphones of the year, the Redmi Note 7 Pro. The phone had come with the MIUI 10 and that was based on Android 9 Pie and the same OS version sticks here with the MIUI 11 as well on this particular device, but there are certain changes that make the phone better now with the new addition of features.
Before we move on to share how to install the MIUI 11 update on the Redmi Note 7 Pro, let’s talk about the major changes or some of the good features that you can now use on the device.
MIUI 11 list of features for Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Dark Mode is now made system-wide, almost being available in all the apps that are already present in the system, and if the external app supports it, whenever enabled, you would get a prompt to enable the dark mode on that particular app
- Mi Share feature is now present in the settings, and it helps in transferring files easily between some of the partner brand devices including OPPO, Realme, and Vivo Phones.
- Mi Calculator is now much more advanced with the options to not just calculate BMI, convert currency and metrics, but also helps in calculating GST and split bills. Also now, you can minimize the calculator and use it as a pop-up window over the other apps so as to easily read the numbers and calculate them if you have those written on one of the other apps.
- Dynamic Video Wallpaper is a newly introduced feature in MIUI 11 where you can use an entire video as a wallpaper either on your home screen or lock screen or both.
- You can now also view previews of any type of document without having to use any external app.
- The Notes app now has a separate tab for Tasks where you can easily write down your to-do list, or even have it as a voice note.
While these are not the only features, we listed out the major ones so as to let you know how the experience is made better with the MIUI 11 update on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
Update MIUI 11 Manually on Redmi Note 7 Pro
To update the phone to the latest MIUI version manually, you can download the MIUI ROM file and go to the Settings > System Updates and here, you will have the option to choose the update package to manually update the OS.
Download the ROM file on your phone: Click here.
Note: We don’t hold responsibility in case you are stuck during the process, or if you lose your data. It is recommended to always take a backup of all the data on your phone before proceeding with the update manually.