The iOS 9 announced at WWDC 2015 is the most user friendly and feature packed iOS release till date. There are a lot of new standalone Apple applications, features and settings targeting a wide user base that Apple has out there. Of course, not all these features can satisfy every user out there. And there are also settings to disable to turn OFF the settings that you feel are of no use to you.
One such feature is the iCloud Drive application for iOS. And with the iOS 9 operating system release, there is a new standalone application for the iCloud Drive on your Apple device running iOS. One advantage of having the iCloud Drive application on your device is that it now allows you to view, share or delete files stored on your iCloud Drive without the need to use some other application. However, the iCloud Drive application that is featured in the iOS 9 release, feels quite primitive in functionality to many out there.
A couple of handy iOS 9 features:
After you update your supported Apple device to the latest iOS 9 operating system, you may or may not see the iCloud Drive application installed on your device. If you do not see the app installed, it may be because the iCloud Drive is disabled on your Apple device. And if you are interested in enabling the iCloud Drive application on your Apple device, then below is how you can do that:
- From your Apple device, go to Settings.
- From Settings, click on iCloud.
- If you haven’t already logged in using your iCloud account credentials, do it now.
- After logging in, click on the iCloud Drive option.
- Enable the option named “Show on Home Screen”.
And you have now successfully enabled the iCloud Drive application on your Apple device.
And if you are not much into the iCloud Drive application that comes with the iOS 9 operating system, then you can also disable the same. And below is how to disable the iCloud Drive application on your Apple device running iOS 9 operating system:
- From your device, go to Settings.
- And from Settings, go to iCloud.
- Then on, if you are not already logged in to your Apple iCloud account, do the same by entering your Apple iCloud account username and password.
- Then click on the iCloud Driver option.
- Disable the option that shows “Show on Home Screen”
And now you have successfully disabled the iCloud Drive application on your Apple device.
I hope you found this guide quite simple and helpful. It would be great if you could share this article with your friends as well.