Facebook recently came up with another ridiculous feature which no one wanted, Yes, I am talking about the auto-play feature for videos. If you are one of those guys who have a fast internet connection and a lot of free time to watch videos then I don’t think you should’ve any problem with this feature but if you are someone like me who is on cellular data most of the times then I am sure you might be hating this feature as much as I do!
This feature wastes a lot of data and can also run you in trouble if you encounter some video that you shouldn’t see while others are around. And that is the reason we are here with this post to help you save your bandwidth.
For Desktop Version
- Go to the Video Settings page while logged in you account.
- Turn off the Auto-Play videos by choosing the Off option from the dropbox
- Click on Menu, they are those three horizontal lines.
- Scroll down and head to App Settings
- Tap on Video Auto-Play
- Now you can either choose Off from the menu or choose the option “Wi-fi only” to stream videos automatically while you are on WiFi.
- Go to the bottom right corner and tap “more”
- Scroll down to “settings”
- Go to “Account Settings”
- Now tap on “Videos and Photos”
- Now choose “Auto-play”
- Now you need to select “Never auto-play videos” if you never want to auto-play them or if you want the videos to auto-play while you are on WiFi then select “On WiFi Connections Only”
So that’s how you can stop Facebook videos from auto-playing across various platform!