IFA 2015, the electronics show at Berlin is packed with brands announcing big lineups of products, not limited to one category, but several of them. The press conferences are already done, and what is at the event now, is mostly the showcasing of the products that were announced at the pre-conference days. Here’s the recap of the best announcements at the IFA 2015 event.
Smartphones & Tablets
From a gaming phone from Acer, to a smartphone from Huawei that incorporates Force Touch display, IFA has seen quite a few smartphone launches, the new ones coming from Acer, Archos, Asus, Lenovo (which announced over 8 phones), and Sony. Such is the race of specs that Sony went ahead to announce the Premium variant of Xperia Z5, with a 4K resolution display. Check for the list of smartphones and tablets announced at IFA 2015.
- Sony Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact & Z5 Premium (with 4K display) Unveiled at IFA 2015
- Huawei Mate S with Force Touch, Kirin 935 chipset unveiled at IFA 2015
- Lenovo launches Vibe S1, Vibe P1 and Vibe P1m at IFA 2015
- Huawei G8 announced with Snapdragon 615, 5.5-inch display at IFA 2015
- Acer Jade Primo is a Pocket PC with Windows 10, Snapdragon 808
- Lenovo Phab and Phab Plus Announced for $179 & $299 at IFA 2015
- Acer Predator 8 is a gaming tablet with Intel Atom X7 processor, Quadio speakers
- Acer Predator 6 Gaming Phone with Deca-core processor, 4GB RAM
- Gigaset enters smartphone market with ME Pure, ME and ME Pro
- Acer unveils Liquid Z630 and Z630s with 4000 mAh battery at IFA 2015
- Acer Liquid 330 & 320 with Z series for Android and M series for Windows 10
- Archos Diamond Plus with Full HD display, Android 5.1
- Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro can project for up to 70-inch size
- Alcatel tries to set the basics right with its OneTouch Pixi smartphone
- Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3C comes with colorful interchangeable back covers
Laptops & Computers
Intel’s Skylace chipsets were at focus, but the ones that stole the show were the gaming laptop from Asus that comes with water cooling system, and Acer’s Revo Build PC with stackable blocks, something similar to Project Ara for smartphones. Here’s what all got announced in the laptop and PC range.
- Acer Revo Build M1-601 is the Project Ara for PCs, with stackable blocks
- Asus ROG GX700 Gaming Laptop comes with Water cooling system
- ASUS Zen AiO S All-in One PC launched at IFA 2015, priced from €1,099
- Toshiba Satellite Radius 12 is a convertible laptop with 4K touchscreen
- Acer launches Aspire U5-710 All-in-One PC with Intel’s latest chip
- Lenovo Ideapad Miix 700 Tablet is Lenovo’s answer to Microsoft Surface Pro
- Asus VivoStick is a $129 Windows 10 HDMI Stick with 2GB of RAM
- Lenovo launches multiple IdeaPad series laptops at IFA 2015
- Acer launches Chromebook R11, its first convertible laptop
It was expected that Android Wear would take over everything else at the IFA this year, but it didn’t show itself much, except for a couple announcements, and one other attractive wearable was from Samsung, the Gear S2.
- Motorola Moto 360 2nd Gen and Moto 360 Sport launched
- LG Watch Urbane Luxe is a $1200 Android Wear watch
- Samsung Gear S2 officially announced with Circular Super AMOLED display
- TomTom Spark GPS Fitness Tracking watch plays music via. Bluetooth
World’s fastest performing Wi-Fi router, geeky rollable keyboard, a thermostat from Nest, and some smart products from Samsung, are just a part of all the announcements made of accessories and IoT products.
- Asus RT-AC5300 claimed to be the World’s fastest performing Wi-Fi router
- Third gen. Nest Thermostat launched with slimmer body, Farsight feature
- Samsung R1, R3 and R5 Wireless Audio 360 Speakers
- LG Rolly Keyboard for Smartphones and Tablets
- Philips Personal Health Program includes a health watch, announced at IFA 2015
Note: This list will be updated till 8th of September, and more updates will be included here, so make sure you check this later to see what’s new.
Featured Image Source: ifa-berlin.com